Hi everyone! Let me start off by saying, if you found your way to my page, thank you for reading! I’m extremely new to this “blogging” thing, so please try to bear with me as I’m learning the ropes. For my first post, I want to tell you some basic facts about me and reasons why I decided to start this blog.
Here are a few random things about me:
- My name is Leah.
- I live in Milwaukee, WI.
- I am 23 years old, fresh out of college (Go Badgers!), and learning how to be an adult.
- If you didn’t get my hint in the last bullet, University of WI-Madison was my Alma Mater. I double majored in Retail and Economics.
- I currently work as a Product Manager at a shipping supply company, working with sourcing new product as well as maintaining my current product line.
- I’m definitely a dog person and I LOVE horses.
- I have a boyfriend named Josh. We’ve been together almost 5 years now. He’s basically my other half, and my rock. You’ll be hearing a lot more about him in future posts!
- I prefer a cold beer over a glass of wine.
- Sushi is by far the best food on this planet, in my opinion.
- I’m definitely more of an outgoing person. I love meeting new people and trying new things to get me out of my comfort zone. (Don’t get me wrong, I also really enjoy quiet nights at home too!)
- I have a roommate! I live with one of my best friends, Kayla. You’ll be hearing tons about her in future posts. She keeps me sane. 😉
- My friends are the coolest people on this earth, and I would do anything for them.
- I love music, and am all over the place when it comes to genres. I love them all. Mostly I’m hooked on country right now.
- I am a part of a family of 4. I have one older sister, Sam, who has become my best friend over the years. I really don’t know where I’d be without her.
- I love fashion. It’s what helped me grow my confidence in college, and taught me the importance of dressing for myself and not for others to help me feel beautiful. I love that it’s always changing and adapting, and you can take any fashion and make it your own.
- My dream job is actually to own my own women’s fashion boutique one day.
So, now that you know a little bit about me, why did I choose to try this blogging thing in the first place? It has to do with the fact that my ultimate end goal and dream for my career path is to be a future small women’s boutique owner.
I wanted to start a blog to help keep me on track to start my business in future years. I know life can get hectic, and this will be a way for me to slow down once a week or so and write about my passions and re-center my thoughts and goals. Here you can expect to see posts about my journey as I take steps towards becoming a small business owner, fashion posts to help keep me up to date, and lifestyle posts to give you guys more of an idea of who I am and what I stand for.
I chose Bloom as the name of my future boutique as well as for my blog. My dad’s biggest piece of advice is to “Bloom where you’re planted” no matter where you are in life. Always make the most of where you are, and try new things because you never know where they will take you! That piece of advice has always stuck with me in my every day life, and especially now being a young adult. Fashion has helped me as I “bloom” into the woman I aim to become. It has built up my confidence and taught me to feel comfortable in my own skin by owning my own, personal fashion. That is my ultimate goal: To help you continue to feel empowered and comfortable in your own skin, and to help you find your own niche for your personal style.
Please comment and let me know what you think! If you have any topics you’d like me to write on as well, I’m happy to hear them. 🙂
Photos by: Vicky Manlove
- Dress and Sweater: Apricot Lane Boutique
- Tights: Walgreens
- Shoes: Borrowed from my roomie 🙂