It’s been busy busy busy! Can you believe it’s already going to be November? I feel like I blinked and it went from August to November. I’m continuing to work on a lot of cool, new, and fun updates on the blog. Keep bearing with me and stay tuned!
Today I wanted to have a little vent session with you guys. I currently work full time in a corporate office where we are required to wear business professional Monday-Thursday. This means, skirts and dresses with the exception of Friday, where we can wear pants (Thank God!). November 1st is quickly approaching and with that comes the start of a season that I absolutely despise: pantyhose season.
Pantyhose are just the worst. If any of you ladies work in a business professional environment or just wear pantyhose often in the colder months, you know what I mean. You’re late for work in the morning and rushing to get dressed…you go to put on your pantyhose…and yup, they ripped AGAIN. Great. There goes the 100th pair this week that I ruined and now I need to go and spend more money and get more. Let me tell you, girl, there is nothing more infuriating then continuously ripping and ruining your pantyhose. Especially when they are a necessity for your daily wardrobe like they are for me. Here are a few tips and tricks that I use to preserve my pantyhose and make wearing them a little less awful.
- Spring for a nice pair. You will get so much more wear out of them vs. the cheap ones. I used to always buy the $3 pack of 5 pantyhose at drug stores but would rip them after just one wear. I finally bought one nice pair, and have had them for over a year and have yet to rip them. I definitely recommend just spending a little extra $$$!
- Keep your finger nails and toenails filed smooth. When I chip a nail, the first thing I do in the fall and winter months is make sure to file it smooth. I cannot tell you how many times I have put a run in my hose because they got caught on a chipped nail.
- Take care when putting them on. I know this one is hard, especially when you’re in a hurry, but if we all just took one extra minute to slowly put on our pantyhose, it would prevent us wasting millions of pairs.
- Wash them on gentle cycle, and hang dry them. Not only will throwing these in the dryer change the shape and feel of your hose, but you also risk tearing them. It’s so easy for these to catch on the dryer door and get a run.
- Stretch them a little before wearing. I typically stick my arm in them right after they come out of the wash to loosen them and help prevent me from ripping them as I’m pulling them on.
- Make sure you find your favorite type of top for the pantyhose. This may take some trial and error, but figure out if you like the “control top”, the “no top” (stockings), high rise, or low rise best. Once you find what you like, stick to it. It’ll make it way easier for you to want to put them on in the morning. I personally like the control top! I don’t need to constantly hike them up all day.
- Get a mix of colors and hues. Once you find your favorite style, make sure to get different colors and styles. Not only does it make it a little easier for you to wear them if you’re switching it up, but you also get to add some flare to your outfit instead of wearing the everyday nude pantyhose!
Hopefully these tips help make having to wear pantyhose a little easier this season. I’m sure not looking forward to having to put these things on first thing in the morning, but following these tips help get me through.
Do you have to wear them? What do you think about them? Do you have any tips I missed? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Have a safe and fun Halloween weekend everybody!!!